Essential Skills for Singers
with Juliet Russell
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Getting started
- Welcome to the course
- Physical warm-up and posture
- Warming up
- Introduction to Breathing
- Vocal warm-up with sirens
- Intro to 5 note major scale
- Call and response pitch exercises (female)
- Call and response pitch exercises (male)
- Call and response pitch exercises (both)
- First song
- Tips for singing a song
- What is tone
- Make You Feel My Love (analysis).
- Make You Feel My Love (performance)
- Chasing Cars (analysis)
- Chasing Cars (perfornance)
- How much practice
- More advanced singing tools
- Different registers
- Second song
- True Colours (analysis)
- I Need A Dollar (analysis)
- I Need A Dollar (performance)
- Cooling down
- Cooling down
Juliet is a vocal coach on ITV’s The Voice, The Voice Kids and BBC’s Michael McIntyre’s Big Show. She's collaborated and performed with innovative artists including Damon Albarn, Imogen Heap, Paloma Faith, alt-J, Yoko Ono, Seal and Ringo Starr.
By the end of this course, you'll have radically improved the way you sing. From posture and breathing, to pitch and dynamics – get ready to experience a full voice workout!
This course works for both male and female ranges.
Through interactive exercises, Juliet will show you techniques to warm up the voice, explore your range and you'll also learn two songs for you to perfect (two for male range and two for female range), and add to your repertoire.
This is a brilliant first step for anyone who has a passion for singing but is unsure where to begin, or experienced singers who would like to brush up on their technique.
So if you’d like to take your singing outside of the shower, it's time to get started!
BONUS: If you'd like to get two 1-2-1 online feedback sessions with one of our vocal tutors, try the immersive version of this course here.