Musicianship and Modern Improvisation
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Lesson 1 with David Henzie-Skogen
- Mastering the tambourine
- Creative use of the cowbell
- Sousaphone with Nat McIntosh
- What makes the sousaphone unique?
- Flamboyant effects - scratching
- How to get better
- Alto sax with Zach Lucas
- Tenor Sax with Tony Barba
- Sound, projection & volume
- Soloing & "flaming out"
- Trumpet with Charley Wagner
- How do you play the trumpet so high?
- Trombone with Joe Goltz
- Role of the Trombone, articulation & aggressive music styles
- Traditionals & tailgating
- Sheet music or playing by ear?
- YBB Paris workshop clip - Free
- YBB - Full London Workshop - Oct 2014
Lesson plan (3h 4m)
Youngblood Brass Band has headlined countless tours in the USA and abroad, selling out major venues in over 20 countries.
For the first time, and after delivering a number of sell-out, raucous workshops across Europe and the USA, Youngblood are making their unique education available online. In this course, players from each section of the band give inspiring lessons on their specific instruments and brass band creativity and musicianship in general.
...An awesome insight into the thinking and talent behind probably the most exciting and successful brass band in the world!
"I like this course, well done! It's illuminating.." Heinz, Germany
“I really like this.. well done! It’s illuminating!”Heinz