My First Drum Lesson
with Harry Pope
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Your First Drum Lesson
- BONUS: Setting up the drum kit
- Meet Harry
- Getting Familiar With Your Kit
- Stick and Foot Technique
- The Basic Beat
- Crotchets and Quavers
- Varying the Beat
- Rudiment #1 - Single Stroke Roll
- BONUS: Fills using the single stroke roll
- Rudiment #2 - Double Stroke Roll
- BONUS: Fills using the Double Stroke Roll
- Rudiment #3 - Paradiddles
- Grooving With Paradiddles
- Adding Semi-Quavers and Ornaments
- Adding the Ride Cymbal and Open Hi-Hat
Lesson plan (1h 35m)
Harry Pope is an awesome young drummer based in London. He's worked with top UK artists including Brit Award winner Eddi Reader, Jim Mullen, Graeme Duffin of Wet Wet Wet, and the Royal Scottish National Orchestra Big Band.
If you're a beginner drummer, this course is for you! Learn the right techniques from the start so you don't have to waste time re-learning later. And there's no-one better than Harry to show you how it's done, especially since he just graduated from Trinity College of Music Jazz Programme.
In this course, Harry takes you from the very basics of setting up the kit and striking the drums, through to playing some simple, great sounding, beats and fills.