Play Authentic Jazz Guitar
with Rob Luft
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Course Welcome
- Welcome to the Course
- Early Bebop Jazz Guitar - Django Reinhardt
- Why study Django Reinhardt?
- Chords and Harmony - A Section
- Chords and Harmony - B Section
- Right Hand Techniques - European vs American
- How to Create Swing Feel
- Melody Walkthrough
- Soloing - Arpeggios and Enclosures
- Soloing - The Harmonic Minor Bebop Scale
- Soloing - Use of Pentatonics
- Clouds - Performance (Split-screen with accompaniment)
- Clouds - Performance
- Clouds - Performance (Simplified)
- The Art of Solo Jazz Guitar - Joe Pass
- Why study Joe Pass?
- Introduction to Solo Playing and Parallel Harmony
- Diminished Lines and "Sicilian 3rds"
- Playing in Time with Pianistic Voicings
- How to Play the Second Half
- Hybrid vs Finger Style Picking
- November in Norway - Performance
- November in Norway - Performance (Simplified)
- Modern Jazz Guitar - Rob Luft Original
- St Brian the 1st Song Story
- Harmony and Voice Leading
- How to Improvise over the Changes
- Linking to Past Masters
- St Brian - Performance
- St Brian - Performance (Split-screen with accompaniment)
- Course Thanks
- Thanks and Good luck
Lesson plan (2h 7m)
Learn how to play authentic sounding jazz guitar with Rob Luft, an award-winning 26-year-old jazz guitarist from London whose virtuosity has been compared to that of six-string legends John McLaughlin, Al Di Meola & Paco De Lucia.
In these online Jazz guitar lessons, Rob takes you on a voyage into authentic Jazz guitar playing, with a deep dive into the music of two Jazz guitar masters that defined the style and influenced all guitarists that followed them; Django Reinhardt and Joe Pass. Rob articulately and expertly teases out insights, techniques and secrets of their playing, bringing clarity and focus to your practice and hugely accelerating your development.
He has even brought along his 100 year old Levin guitar for the occasion!
Along the way, you will study two new Jazz standards for acoustic guitar or electric guitar as well as one of Rob's own original modern jazz compositions, strongly influenced by the music of the original greats.
You will learn:
- Authentic Jazz guitar chords and voicings
- How to solo over major and minor II V Is
- Authentic sounding arpeggios and enclosures
- Harmonic minor Be-Bop scales
- How to use pentatonic scales in jazz solos
- A new chord solo arrangement
- How to approach playing solo jazz guitar
The course comes complete with three masterful new performances by Rob, specially recorded backing tracks for you to play along with, interactive sheet music that synchronizes with performances and can be slowed down and looped, downloadable PDFs sheet music and chord charts.
It is suitable for intermediate and advanced guitarists passionate about jazz and looking for an expert and trustworthy guide who can simplify this complex guitar style.
What are you waiting for? Let's get started!