Play Authentic Texas Blues Guitar
with Scott McKeon
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Intro to Texas Blues
- Texas Blues on Acoustic Guitar
- Acoustic Guitar - Groove Demonstration
- Acoustic Guitar - Lesson
- Acoustic Guitar - Authentic Tone & "Swag"
- Acoustic Guitar - Classic Turnarounds (Lightnin' Hopkins)
- Texas Blues on Electric Guitar
- Electric Guitar - Groove Demonstration
- Electric Guitar - Lesson
- Electric Guitar - Demonstration With Backing
- Electric Guitar - Classic Turnarounds
- Electric Guitar - Rhythm Guitar Demonstration
- Blues Influence on Funk & Soul
- Intro to Funk and Soul Grooves
- Layered Funky Guitar Parts - Performance
- Lesson on Repetition
- Authentic Texas Blues Soloing
- Traditional Soloing with Call and Response
- Solo Example 1 - BB King
- Leaving Space
- Solo Example 2 - Stevie Ray Vaughan (Rhythmic Chords)
- Soloing Using Your Fingers
- Solo Example 3 - Albert Collins
- Combining Techniques
- Solo Example 4 - Putting It All Together
- Take Me Back - Scott McKeon Original
- Take Me Back - Rhythm Guitar Groove
- Take Me Back - Lead Guitar Part
- Song Story and Band Intro
- Performance with Solo
- Fight No More
- Fight No More: Introduction and rhythm guitar part
- Fight No More: How to approach the solo section
- Fight No More: Performance
- Authentic Blues Licks
- Lick 1 - Buddy Guy
- Lick 2 - Stevie Ray Vaughan
- Lick 3 - Albert King
- Lick 4 - BB King
- Lick 5 - Jimmie Vaughan
- Bonus: Stevie Ray / Lonnie Mack
Lesson plan (1h 29m)
Learn Authentic Blues Guitar is led by guitar guru Scott McKeon.
Inspired to play by his love of the blues, Scott is regarded as one of the UK’s most talented and sought-after guitarists – both in and out of the studio. Throughout his career, he has played with some musical legends such as Sir Tom Jones, Eric Clapton, Van Morrison and many more.
Now, Scott is distilling his experience and passion for the original Texas Blues guitar heroes and channelling it into these online blues guitar lessons.
In this course, you’ll learn to play blues guitar by starting at the early roots of R&B with an authentic Texas groove, before picking up the electric to master rhythm parts and soloing in the style of authentic greats.
You will learn:
- Authentic rhythm and lead guitar parts (on both acoustic and electric guitar)
- How to solo in the style of classic players like BB King, Lightnin’ Hopkins and Stevie Ray Vaughan
- 5 of Scott’s go-to guitar licks, inspired by his heroes
- 2 of Scott's own original tracks Take Me Back and Fight No More
Included in these online blues guitar lessons are a range interactive tabs and notation throughout, that can be slowed down and looped so you can fully immerse yourself in Scott’s playing.
There are also downloadable backing tracks in a range of styles, and a specially produced versions of Scott's original tracks "Take Me Back" and "Fight No More" recorded at the legendary Real World Studios, re-engineered in backing track format (without Scott's guitar part) so you can experience the thrill of playing with Scott's awesome band in your own home.
Get started now to master blues guitar and take your playing to the next level!