How to achieve valved bends and integrate them into songs
with PT Gazell
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- How to achieve valved bends and integrate them into songs
- How to focus and refine our bending technique
- Getting our heads around valved bends
- Another half-valved bending exercise
- 3 valved bending exercises
- Using both valved and non-valved bends to explore the entire instrument
- Using a valve blow bend inside a melody (My Romance)
- Utilizing the extra emotion that the Gazell method provides
- 5th position minor as an alternative to 3rd position minor
- Learn the head of the song “Sugar” in 5th position minor
- Learning a solo for “Sugar” and how to play the full song
PT Gazell has earned his position as a master of the diatonic harmonica. After years being the sought after side man and session player for some of Nashville's greatest, PT Gazell discovered half valving and his music literally soared to new heights.
In this course, you'll learn to master valved bends on the harmonica and practice using them in songs.
Specifically, PT explains:
- How to focus and refine your bending technique
- Practicing your valved bends with tons of hands-on practice exercises (with downloadable PDF's)
- Using the emotional shading that's made possible by the Gazell method
- Playing in 5th position minor as an alternative to 3rd position minor
- Using valved bends in a song - you'll learn a jazz blues tune called "Sugar" with head and solo
PT is a truly inspiring harmonica player and a great educator. Grab your Gazell Method key of Ab half-valved harmonica and let's go!
If ever you need assistance, you can contact PT directly using our tutoring feature on this page!