Advanced blues harmonica
with Mat Walklate
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Getting fluent on blues harmonica
- Playing the blues, a demonstration
- G blues scale review
- Note bending for additional notes
- Simple 12 bar solo
- Soloing using the root note of blues progression chords
- Developing more interesting solos
- Advanced tongue blocking
- First position blues scales
- Third position blues scales
- BONUS: Learn how to play Ian Dury's "Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll" on the blues harmonica
Lesson plan (1h 4m)
Mat Walklate is an award-winning musician and educator playing blues and folk music on the flute, harmonica, whistle and uilleann pipes as well as vocals. Mat is endorsed by Seydel harmonicas and is a previous winner of the British Blues Harmonica Championship.
The aim of the course is to help you achieve greater fluency with your blues harmonica playing. Using the C diatonic harmonica Mat covers topics like note bending, solo development, vibrato and playing in alternative positions to create great sounding solos over the 12 bar form, with awesome and inspiring demonstrations by Mat throughout! How can an English man be so damn bluesy?
Get started! Click on a few free lessons below.
If you need any help, simply contact Mat directly by clicking on the tutoring button to the right.
“Enjoying the course. Matt is good at breaking things down into understandable bits.”Allan