Unleash Your Funk Bass Potential with The Brand New Heavies
with Andrew Levy
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Welcome to the course!
- How to Create The Funk Bass Sound
- Foundations of funk bass technique
- Funk bass inspirations
- Using strings to effect your sound
- Improvising Bass Lines
- Preparing for a writing session
- Writing your own bass lines
- Spend Some Time
- Learn how to play Spend Some Time
- Performance of Spend Some Time (multi cam)
- Performance of Spend Some Time (single cam)
- Midnight at the Oasis
- Learn how to play Midnight at the Oasis by The Brand New Heavies
- Midnight at the Oasis (multi cam)
- Midnight at the Oasis (single cam)
- You Are The Universe
- Learn how to play You Are The Universe
- Q&A with Andrew Levy
Lesson plan (1h 7m)
Unleash Your Funk Bass Potential is led by songwriter and founding member of The Brand New Heavies – Andrew Levy.
The Brand New Heavies are one of the most successful UK funk groups of all time, rising to prominence in the early 1990s with successful singles such as "Midnight at the Oasis", "Sometimes" and "Dream On Dreamer". Throughout their career they performed on Top of the Pops, supported James Brown at Wembley and they continue to sell out tours worldwide today.
You will learn:
- Key bassists who influenced the style
- Pulling, slapping and fingering
- How strings, amplification and the pick-up can all affect the sound
- Tips & tricks for writing funky basslines
- Learn 3 of The Heavies' songs: "You Are The Universe", "Spend Some Time" and "Midnight at the Oasis."
The course comes complete with interactive sheet music and backing tracks for easy practise!
If you’re passionate about funk and soul, this is the course for you!