Thinking Out Of The Box 1: Opening The Lid
with Ron Sayer
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Thinking outside the box, part 1
- Pentatonic And Blues Scale Shapes: A Review
- A Different Pentatonic Shape!
- Adding Flat 5th, Major 6th To The Pentatonic Scale
- Mixing Major & Minor Pentatonics.
- The Hybrid Blues Scale
- Using double stops
- Double Stops with passing notes
- Ways To Play: 7th Chords
- Ways To Play: 9th Chords
- Cool chords
- Turnaround Variations
- BONUS RIFF: Learn how to play Pride & Joy by Stevie Ray Vaughan
Lesson plan (1h 9m)
Voted "Guitarist of the Year" by Guitarist Magazine, Ron Sayer has worked with Buddy Guy, John Mayall, Matt Schofield just to name a few.
In the first part of his course, Ron will teach you ways to improvise on the blues form that go beyond using the blues scale. First, you'll review some fundamental concepts and then get prepared for playing more outside notes. Includes tons of Ron's favorite tips & tricks, great licks and riffs, with downloadable tabs.
“He is awesome player and I am sure he can offer exactly what I am looking for. I would buy another course. As far as the quality and format- superb!”Jan