Play Authentic Blues Shuffle Piano
with Paddy Milner
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Stylistic & Creative Ideas For Your Blues Shuffle
- Demonstration - let's play some blues
- Exploring the 'Pinetop Smith' riff
- Mixing it up with the 'Pinetop Smith' riff
- Riffs based on a second inversion chord
- Exploring descending 3rds
- Ideas for an introduction
- The engine room - left hand bass
- Ideas for chords V-IV (bars 9-10)
- Exploring 'rolling' chords
- Piano break no.1
- Piano break no.2
- Exploring endings
- Some extra ideas
- Everyday I'm Shufflin' - The Blues Shuffle Challenge
Lesson plan (2h 17m)
Paddy Milner is recognised as one of the leading blues piano players in the world. Following years with the late great Jack Bruce, he's now the current keyboard player of choice for Sir Tom Jones. He is also a two times winner of the Best Keyboard Player category in the British Blues awards.
The aim of the course is to get better at improvising on a blues shuffle. In the course, Paddy starts by playing an authentic blues shuffle crammed with great ideas and riffs. He then breaks everything down, explaining what he's doing in detail, giving you plenty of creative ideas for you to use in your own playing.
Good luck! You can start by trying out a free video below to get a feel for the course.
You'll be playing some awesome sounding blues piano in minutes..
“keep up the great work!”Mark
“All of Paddy's courses are the best courses about blues, boogie and New Orleans piano I've ever done. Thank you! I’m practising the whole day, and if he ever makes another course I'm buying it immediately!”Dick