Play Authentic Blues Shuffle Piano
with Paddy Milner
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Stylistic & Creative Ideas For Your Blues Shuffle
- Demonstration - let's play some blues
- Exploring the 'Pinetop Smith' riff
- Mixing it up with the 'Pinetop Smith' riff
- Riffs based on a second inversion chord
- Exploring descending 3rds
- Ideas for an introduction
- The engine room - left hand bass
- Ideas for chords V-IV (bars 9-10)
- Exploring 'rolling' chords
- Piano break no.1
- Piano break no.2
- Exploring endings
- Some extra ideas
- Everyday I'm Shufflin' - The Blues Shuffle Challenge
Lesson plan (2h 17m)
Get a world class introduction to the blues shuffle with professional pianist, Paddy Milner.
Paddy Milner is recognised as one of the leading blues shuffle piano players in the world. Following years with the late great Jack Bruce, he's now the current keyboard player of choice for Sir Tom Jones. He is also a two times winner of the Best Keyboard Player category in the British Blues Awards.
This course aims to get you better at improvising on a blues shuffle. In the course, Paddy starts by playing an authentic blues shuffle crammed with great ideas and riffs. He then breaks everything down, explaining what he's doing in detail, giving you plenty of creative ideas for you to use in your playing.
Good luck! You can start by trying out a free lesson above to get a feel for the course. You'll be playing some awesome sounding, easy blues shuffle in minutes... Get shuffling today and check out our full range of blues piano lessons when you’re done!
“keep up the great work!”Mark
“All of Paddy's courses are the best courses about blues, boogie and New Orleans piano I've ever done. Thank you! I’m practising the whole day, and if he ever makes another course I'm buying it immediately!”Dick