Rockschool Piano Grade 1
with RSL Awards
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Welcome to the online course
- Meet Paddy Milner
- Meet Andrew Johnson
- Meet James Beckwith
- Meet Ross Stanley
- Piece performances
- Make You Feel My Love, Adele (Performance)
- The Long and Winding Road, The Beatles (Performance)
- Read All About It, Part III, Emeli Sande (Performance)
- ICAUFO, Joe Bennett (Performance)
- Umbra Bella, Simon Troup (Performance)
- Fab Stomp, Deirdre Cartwright (Performance)
- Piece lessons
- Make You Feel My Love, Adele (Lesson)
- The Long and Winding Road, The Beatles (Lesson)
- Read All About It, Part III, Emeli Sande (Lesson)
- ICAUFO, Joe Bennett (Lesson)
- Umbra Bella, Simon Troup (Lesson)
- Fab Stomp, Deirdre Cartwright (Lesson)
- Improvisation - what is it?
- Starting out with Blues improvisation
- The 12 bar Blues form
- Using the Blues scale
- Adding accompaniment
- Technical exercises
- Intro to scales, arpeggios and voicings - why they're useful
- Scales - Grade 1
- Arpeggios / broken chords - Grade 1
- Chord voicings - Grade 1
- Sight Reading
- Site reading with the "KAT TRAP" method
- Course outro
- About Rockschool & exams
Welcome to Rockschool Piano Grade 1: the Multi-Media Video Guide.
This innovative course challenges you to be the best pianist and musician you can be, whatever your level.
For this grade we have assembled a team of top pro pianists to give you unique demonstration performances and lessons on 6 pieces. You also get loads of in-depth pro insight into topics like piano technique, scales and arpeggios and how to improvise on contemporary chord progressions.
With the MusicGurus video player you can loop and slow-down all the performances and demonstrations, so this course will allow you to see exactly what's going on and work out the tricky parts.