Introduction to the Gazell Method
with PT Gazell
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Introduction to the Gazell Method
- Checking the basics
- The Gazell method & half valving
- The 3 advantages that half valving provides
- The importance of accurate bending on holes 2 & 3 draw
- 2 & 3 Hole Draw Bend Exercises
- Learning a jazz blues melody
- Soloing over a jazz blues chord progression
- Adding a cool horn line to this progression
Lesson plan (1h 11m)
PT Gazell has earned his position as a master of the half valved diatonic harmonica. After years being the sought after side man and session player for some of Nashville's greatest, PT Gazell discovered half valving and his music literally soared to new heights.
In this course, you'll learn how his half-valved approach can allow you to access musical possibilities not possible on standard diatonic harmonicas.
Specifically, PT explains The Gazell method & half valving:
- Advantages that half valving provides, with tons of demonstrations, practice exercises, PDF's and audio tracks
- Importance and instructions on how do to accurate bends on holes 2 & 3 draw, with exercises
- How to apply this to a song - you'll learn a jazz blues tune called "The Thumb" by Wes Montgomery with head, solo and horn line
PT is a truly inspiring harmonica player and a great educator. Grab your Gazell Method key of C harmonica and let's go!
If ever you need assistance, you can contact PT anytime using our tutoring feature on this page.