with Charlie Rapino
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Charlie's own path to success
- Charlie's start in the industry
- Success doesn't come from talent alone
- Virgin Records in the 80s
- Living in NY (86)
- Meeting Marco
- Talent is a gift, success is the job
- What do you mean by talent is a gift, but success is the job
- Importance of "slogans" and lyrics
- Crafting music as a social language
- Music, advertising and economic necessity of pop music
- Challenge #1
- Guidelines from Charlie for Challenge #1
- Challenge #1 - Sell yourself as an artist
- Rapino Bros. case studies
- Rapino Brothers' first big hit
- Relationship with record labels
- The right mistake
- Corona - Rhythm of the Night
- The music industry today
- Role of A&R
- Internet, artistry and success
- Music in the TV industry
- Challenge #2
- Guidelines from Charlie for Challenge #2
- Challenge #2 - Upload an original track
Lesson plan (2h 27m)
This course is brought to you by Tileyard Education.
In this conversational style course, legendary producer Charlie Rapino (Take That, Kylie, Primal Scream) discusses personal branding in artistry and how to achieve success in pop music.
Spend a few hours in the head of an industry veteran who's consistently produced hit after hit after hit. Go beyond what you've learned in your studio and unlock the door to commercial success.
In this course, you'll get to submit 2 assignments directly to Charlie. He'll review your submissions and give you personal, 1-2-1 video feedback.
The course is split into 4 main chapters:
1. Charlie's path to success: creating a package and a story around your artistry
2. Talent is a gift but success is the job: Charlie reveals his recipe for producing pop hits
3. Rapino Brothers case studies: real world anecdotes from Charlie's industry experience
4. The music industry today: navigating the music industry and avoiding pitfalls
Good luck and let's get started!