Rockschool Drum Technique - Advanced (Grades 6-8)
with RSL Awards
- Course Trailer
- Advanced Techniques
- Beyond flams drags & ruffs
- Stroke Rolls
- How to practice
- Getting creative with embellishment rudiments
- Inspirational Technical Exercises
- RSL Grade Requirements
- Demonstrations of grade technical requirements 6
- Demonstrations of grade technical requirements 7
- Demonstrations of grade technical requirements 8
- Site Reading
- How to improve your sight reading - A Reminder
Lesson plan (0h 46m)
These Drum technique courses are designed to help you ace your foundation level drum technique and (if you're taking one!) ace your Rockschool drums grade exam.
Led by top international Drum Guru Paul Elliot, Paul's innovative methods have inspired countless drummers on their personal and professional rhythmic journey, including Phil Selway (Radiohead), Mick Avory (The Kinks), Ash Soan (Adele), Jason Cooper (The Cure) Laurie Jenkins (Kasabian) and many more.
In these lesson Paul takes you through some of the key foundation techniques required of modern drummers including:
- Beyond flams drags & Ruffs
- Stroke Rolls and variations
- Linear drumming
- Getting creative with rudiments
In addition there are loads of tips on how to practise as well as a demonstration of the key techniques required for each Rockschool Grade from Grade 5 to Grade 9.
This is an invaluable resource for any student and their teacher wishing to buld advanced technical skills into their playing and significantly enhance their Rocschool piece performances in the practice room, in an exam, or live in front of an audience.
So let's get started!