Play Authentic Rhythm & Blues Guitar
with Torsten Goods
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Getting started
- Early influences and Rock guitar
- Getting into Jazz
- Career highlights - moving to NYC
- Influence of George Benson
- Playing with singers and Sarah Connor
- Torsten's custom guitar
- Technique Secrets
- Torsten's practice method
- How to play fast
- Right hand exercise
- Jazz lick for building speed
- Jazz Blues in G
- Jazz/ Blues concept - pentatonics and major scales
- G Blues - Solo Demonstration
- G Blues - Solo Demonstration (Splitscreen + Rhythm Guitar)
- Advanced Blues playing - introduction
- G Blues - Inspirational Performance
- G Blues - Inspirational Performance (Splitscreen + Rhythm Guitar
- Authentic Licks
- Wes Montgomery style diminished chord lick
- Wes Montgomery style chromatics and chord solo
- Playing outside - Gm pentatonic lick
- Grant Green style Dorian lick
- George Benson style arpeggio lick
- Breezin - D Major Groove
- Using D blues pentatonic (with chromatics)
- Harmonic embelishments
- Classic Benson double stops
- Breezin - Solo Demonstration
- Breezin - Solo Demonstration (Split screen)
- Breezin - Inspirational Performance - Flashy and "Out"!
- Carnival - A Minor Groove
- Carnival introduction
- Lesson on chords and solo approach
- Carnival - Solo Demonstration
- Carnival - Solo Demonstration (Split Screen)
- Carnival - Inspirational Performance
- Carnival - Inspirational Performance (split screen)
- Classic II-V-I Licks
- Major II-V-I licks
- Minor II-V-I licks
Lesson plan (1h 39m)
Torsten Goods is a virtuoso guitarist “who attacks the guitar strings as nimbly as George Benson”.
A leader of the Berlin Jazz scene, and graduate of the prestigious New School in New York City, Torsten plays regularly with greats including Bireli Lagrene George Benson, Branford Marsalis as well as with singers like Sarah Connor in stadiums around the world.
In this online Jazz guitar course, Torsten shares with you his secrets for how to play truly authentic sounding Jazz / Blues guitar, made famous by musicians like Grant Green and Wes Montgomery, including special exercises that will help you to rapidly develop good technique and picking speed on the guitar.
The course comes with loads of interactive sheet music and detailed lessons along with three songs for you to learn, each with fully transcribed, authentic solo demonstrations from Torston; a classic Jazz/ Blues in G, Breezin' as played by George Benson, and one of Torsten's own pieces "Carnival".
In each song, Torsten demonstrates easy and difficult solos of the piece, breaking down the harmony, and showing you how to play his favourite licks and killer solos for a range of ability levels; from intermediate to very advanced.
Included with the course are:
- Interactive sheet music / TABs for pieces and lessons
- Backing track MP3s for all the songs
- Licks in the style of legendary players
- Split screen videos showing the fretboard
- Great new performances by Torsten
If you are a blues guitarist trying to get into Jazz, or a Jazz musician trying to sound more authentic and bluesy - these are some of the best online lessons available.
So let's get started!