Rockschool Piano Grade 8
with RSL Awards
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Welcome to the online course
- Meet James Beckwith
- Meet Ross Stanley
- Meet Marina Haywood-Lieberman
- Piece performances
- These Are The Days, Jamie Cullum (Performance)
- Straighten Up And Fly Right, Diana Krall (Performance)
- Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen (Performance)
- Nosso Samba, Noam Lederman (Performance)
- Freightshaker, Simon Troup (Performance)
- Mind The Gaps, Kit Morgan (Performance)
- Piece lessons
- These Are The Days, Jamie Callum (Lesson)
- Straighten Up And Fly Right, Diana Krall (Lesson)
- Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen (Lesson)
- Nosso Samba, Noam Lederman (Lesson)
- Freightshaker, Simon Troup (Lesson)
- Mind The Gaps, Kit Morgan (Lesson)
- Improvisation - the next level
- Advanced blues form
- Advanced blues demonstration
- Advanced improvisation techniques
- Technical exercises
- Intro to scales, arpeggios and voicings - why they're useful
- Scales - Grade 8
- Arpeggios - Grade 8
- Chord voicings - Grade 8
- Sight Reading
- Site reading with the "KAT TRAP" method
- Course outro
- About Rockschool & exams
Lesson plan (2h 49m)
Welcome to Rockschool Piano Grade 8: the Multi-Media Video Guide.
This innovative course challenges you to be the best pianist and musician you can be, whatever your level.
For this grade we have assembled a team of top pro pianists to give you unique demonstration performances and lessons on 6 pieces. You also get loads of in-depth pro insight into topics like piano technique, scales and arpeggios and how to improvise on contemporary chord progressions.
With the MusicGurus video player you can loop and slow-down all the performances and demonstrations, so this course will allow you to see exactly what's going on and work out the tricky parts.
Please note - the pieces contained in this Rockschool video course are from the 2017-19 exam syllabus. However they can still be performed as ‘free choice' pieces in RSL exams.