Rockschool Piano Grade 2
with RSL Awards
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Welcome to the online course
- Meet Marina Haywood-Lieberman
- Meet James Beckwith
- Meet Andrew Johnson
- Meet Ross Stanley
- Piece performances
- The Scientist, Coldplay (Performance)
- Halo, Beyonce (Performance)
- Just the Way You Are, Bruno Mars (Performance)
- The Faith Divide, Simon Troup (Performance)
- Ska'd For Life, Kit Morgan (Performance)
- Hit It Harder, Stuart Ryan (Performance)
- Piece lessons
- The Scientist, Coldplay (Lesson)
- Halo, Beyonce (Lesson)
- Just the Way You Are, Bruno Mars (Lesson)
- The Faith Divide, Simon Troup (Lesson)
- Ska'd For Life, Kit Morgan (Lesson)
- Hit It Harder, Stuart Ryan (Lesson)
- Improvisation - what is it?
- Starting out with Blues improvisation
- The 12 bar Blues form
- Using the Blues scale
- Adding accompaniment
- Technical exercises
- Intro to scales, arpeggios and voicings - why they're useful
- Scales - Grade 2
- Arpeggios / broken chords - Grade 2
- Chord voicings - Grade 2
- Sight Reading
- Site reading with the "KAT TRAP" method
- Course outro
- About Rockschool & exams
Lesson plan (1h 37m)
Welcome to Rockschool Piano Grade 2: the Multi-Media Video Guide.
This innovative course challenges you to be the best pianist and musician you can be, whatever your level.
For this grade we have assembled a team of top pro pianists to give you unique demonstration performances and lessons on 6 pieces. You also get loads of in-depth pro insight into topics like piano technique, scales and arpeggios and how to improvise on contemporary chord progressions.
With the MusicGurus video player you can loop and slow-down all the performances and demonstrations, so this course will allow you to see exactly what's going on and work out the tricky parts.
Please note - the pieces contained in this Rockschool video course are from the 2017-19 exam syllabus. However they can still be performed as ‘free choice' pieces in RSL exams.