Teach Me Bass Guitar vol.1: Quick start for beginners
with Roy Vogt
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Quick start for beginners
- Intro to the bass, right hand technique
- Left hand technique & scales
- Scale, Key and Time
- Rhythm fundamentals
- Going up the neck
Lesson plan (3h 59m)
Roy received the first masters of music in electric bass degree ever awarded. Since then, he's been touring the world and working with the best musicians around. Today, he's one of the most respected bassists & educators in the international community - some of his students have gone on to tour and record with artists like Trisha Yearwood, Faith Hill, Michael W. Smith, Lady Antebellum, Chick Corea, Sir Tom Jones and countless other music icons.
Roy Vogt’s multi award-winning Teach Me Bass Guitar (TMBG) series is the most comprehensive, effective, and entertaining course of self-paced bass guitar instruction anywhere.
If you're about to pick up the bass for the first time, you're in great hands. Roy will teach you everything you want to know to become a proficient bassist and a knowledgeable musician.
Each lesson starts with a brief summary of what you're about to cover, and a warm-up. After the lesson and practice sessions comes the band practice - Roy structured the lessons to give you plenty of time to play with an awesome band of Nashville's finest musicians. These are real jam sessions designed to work your chops. The lessons end with some down stretches and a recap.
In Volume 1:
- Roy will introduce you to the instrument, as well as the fundamentals of music, and the role of the bass guitar.
- By the time you've completed Lesson 4, you'll know the rudiments of what to play, how to play, when to play - and when not to play.
- You'll also be gradually increasing your skill levels by playing all-original music with the amazing TMBG Band!
No matter what your skill level, each lesson in this course can take up to a month to master - that means to own the principles and techniques taught in the lesson and be able to interpret them flawlessly on the bass guitar.
If you're serious about learning bass guitar, get started now with a free lesson below.