Rockschool Acoustic Guitar Grade 5
with RSL Awards
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Performance Pieces
- Performance of Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive (Carl Orr)
- Analysis of Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive (Carl Orr)
- Performance of Sting - Shape Of My Heart (Andy G Jones)
- Analysis of Sting - Shape Of My Heart (Andy G Jones)
- Performance of Eva Cassidy - Songbird (Carl Orr)
- Analysis of Eva Cassidy - Songbird (Carl Orr)
- Performance of Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms (Carl Orr)
- Analysis of Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms (Carl Orr)
- Performance of Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven (Andy G Jones)
- Analysis of Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven (Andy G Jones)
- Performance of The Beatles - Blackbird (Carl Orr)
- Analysis of The Beatles - Blackbird (Carl Orr)
- Technical Exercises
- Tech Exercises - Walkthrough intro
- Grades 4 to 5 - Assessment Criteria and getting a disctinction on your exam
- Group A - 1.B major scale
- Group A - 2. B blues scale
- Group A - 3. Db major scale
- Group A - 4. Db blues scale
- Group A - 5. G# natural minor scale
- Group A - 6. Bb natural minor
- Group A - 7. G# harmonic minor
- Group A - 8. Bb harmonic minor scale
- Group A - 9. C locrian scale
- Group A - 10. Chromatic scale on B
- Group A - 11.Chromatic scale on Db
- Group B - 1. B major arpeggio
- Group B - 2. Db major arpeggio
- Group B - 3. G# minor arpeggio
- Group B - 4. Bb minor arpeggio
- Group B - 5. C minor 7b5
- Group B - 6. C diminished 7
- Group C - 1. C diminished 7 chord voicings
- Group C - 2. C minor 7b5
Lesson plan (3h 13m)
Welcome to Rockschool Acoustic Guitar Grade 5!
We've recorded these lessons with the original Rockschool authors and London's foremost guitarists - Andy G Jones, Carl Orr and James Betteridge - to help you master the songs from the 2016 Rockschool Acoustic Guitar syllabus.
James Barratt, an experienced rockschool teacher with a 100% student pass rate will drill you in the technical exercises, scales and arpeggios as well as the music theory relevant to this grade.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to play iconic songs from the likes Bon Jovi, Eva Cassidy, Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, The Beatles and Sting. You'll also Understand the theory behind the songs and be comfortable playing dozens of relevant new scales, chords and arpeggios.
This course is ideal for intermediate to advanced guitarists, who want to learn a few iconic Rock and Pop songs as well as fundamental techniques needed become a skilled guitarist.
It's also perfect preparation for guitaritst who want to ace their Rock School Grade 4 Exam.
This course is structured in two main parts: Performance pieces (songs) and Technical exercises:
- In part 1, Andy, Carl and James will walk you through the 5 songs below.
- In part 2, James will help you practice the scales, broken chords, chord voicings that you'll need at this level.
Pre-requisite: You'll need the sheet music from Rockschool Acoustic Guitar Book click here to get the book in digital format.