Rockschool Acoustic Guitar Grade 2
with RSL Awards
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Performance Pieces
- Performance of Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower (Andy G Jones)
- Analysis of Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower (Andy G Jones)
- Performance of Ed Sheeran - The A Team (Carl Orr)
- Analysis of Ed Sheeran - The A Team(Carl Orr)
- Performance of Jeff Buckley - Lover, You Should’ve Come Over (Carl Orr)
- Analysis of Jeff Buckley - Lover, You Should’ve Come Over (Carl Orr)
- Performance of Otis Redding - Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay (Andy G Jones)
- Analysis of Otis Redding - Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay (Andy G Jones)
- Performance of Oasis - Wonderwall (James Betteridge)
- Analysis of Oasis - Wonderwall (James Betteridge)
- Performance of Paul Weller - Wild Wood (James Betteridge)
- Analysis of Paul Weller - Wild Wood (James Betteridge)
- Technical exercises
- Introduction to Grade 2 Technical Exercises with James Barratt
- Grades 1 to 3 - Assessment Criteria and getting a disctinction on your exam
- Group A - 1. D Major scale, descending first
- Group A - 2. Bb Major scale
- Group A - 3. B Natural Minor scale
- Group A - 4. G Natural Minor scale
- Group A - 5. B Harmonic minor scale
- Group A - 6. G Harmonic minor scale
- Group A - 7. C Mixolydian mode
- Group A - 8. C Melodic minor scale
- Group A - 9. Chromatic scale on D
- Group A -10.Chromatic scale on Bb
- Group B - 1. D Major Arpeggio
- Group B - 2. D Major Arpeggio
- Group B - 3. Bb Major Arpeggio
- Group B - 4. Bb Major Arpeggio
- Group B - 5. B Minor Arpeggio
- Group B - 6. B Minor Arpeggio
- Group B - 7. G Minor Arpeggio
- Group B - 8. G minor arpeggio
- Group B - 9. C Dominant 7 arpeggio
- Group C - 1. C Dominant 7 chord voicing
- Group C - 2. C Minor 6 chord voicings
Lesson plan (3h 30m)
Welcome to Rockschool Acoustic Guitar Grade 2!
We've recorded these lessons with the original Rockschool authors and London's foremost guitarists- Andy G Jones, Carl Orr and James Betteridge - to help you master the songs from the 2016 Rockschool Acoustic Guitar syllabus.
James Barratt, an experienced rockschool teacher with a 100% student pass rate will drill you in the technical exercises, scales and arpeggios as well as the music theory relevant to this grade.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to play iconic songs from the likes Ed Sheeran, Jeff Buckley, Bob Dylan, Paul Weller, Otis Redding and Oasis.
You'll also Understand the theory behind the songs and be comfortable playing dozens of relevant new scales, chords and arpeggios.
This course is ideal for beginner to intermediate guitarists, who want to learn a few iconic Rock and Pop songs as well as fundamental techniques needed become a skilled guitarist.
It's also perfect preparation for guitaritst who want to ace their Rock School Grade 2 Exam.
This course is structured in two main parts: Performance pieces (songs) and Technical exercises
- In part 1, Andy, Carl and James will walk you through the 5 songs below.
- In part 2, James will help you practice the scales, broken chords, chord voicings that you'll need at this level.
Pre-requisite: To learn the pieces you'll need the sheet music and tab from the official Rockschool Acoustic Guitar Book click here to get the book in digital format.
Please note - the pieces contained in this Rockschool video course are from the 2017-19 exam syllabus. However they can still be performed as ‘free choice' pieces in RSL exams.