Teach Me Bass Guitar vol.4: Serious musicianship
with Roy Vogt
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Serious musicianship
- Understanding and using modes
- More modes and melodies
- Major & Minor pentatonic scales
- 2-handed tapping chords and basslines
- Pro-player toolkit, sight reading
Roy received the first masters of music in electric bass degree ever awarded. Since then, he's been touring the world and working with the best musicians around for the past few decades. Today, he's one of the most respected bassists & educators in the international community - some of his students have gone on to tour and record with artists like Trisha Yearwood, Faith Hill, Michael W. Smith, Lady Antebellum, Chick Corea, Sir Tom Jones and countless other music icons.
Roy Vogt’s multi award-winning Teach Me Bass Guitar (TMBG) series is the most comprehensive, effective, and entertaining course of self-paced bass guitar instruction anywhere.
If you've been playing bass for some time, TMBG is a treasury of new tricks that will sharpen your skill, deepen your understanding of music and expand your repertoire in ways you never imagined.
With Volume 4, we're into serious musicianship:
- Now you're going to cover modes and how to use them to create bass lines and solo licks, and learn how to transpose into any key.
- You'll learn major and minor pentatonic scales and how to build an entire system of scales up and down the neck, spicing them up with sequences and four-note chords.
- Finally, you'll also discover legenday bass players themselves: Roy's going to introduce you to plyaing 2-handed tapping chords and bass lines simultaneously in the styles of bass legends Victor Wooten, Stu Hamm, and Roscoe Beck.
Each lesson in this course can take up to a month to master - that means to own the principles and techniques taught in the lesson and be able to interpret them flawlessly on the bass guitar. Lessons start with a brief summary of what you're about to cover, and a warm-up. Then there's a lesson and a practice sessions, then band practice - Roy structured the lessons to give you plenty of time to play with an awesome band of Nashville's finest musicians. These are real jam sessions designed to work your chops. The lessons end with some down stretches and a recap.
If you're serious about getting really good on the bass guitar, get started now with a free lesson below.