Teach Me Bass Guitar vol.2: Rhythm fundamentals
with Roy Vogt
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- Rhythm fundamentals
- Seventh chords
- More rhythm techniques
- The Swing feel
- Syncopations & exploring the neck
- Putting it all together
Roy received the first masters of music in electric bass degree ever awarded. Since then, he's been touring the world and working with the best musicians around. Today, he's one of the most respected bassists & educators in the international community - some of his students have gone on to tour and record with artists like Trisha Yearwood, Faith Hill, Michael W. Smith, Lady Antebellum, Chick Corea, Sir Tom Jones and countless other music icons.
Roy Vogt’s multi award-winning Teach Me Bass Guitar (TMBG) series is the most comprehensive, effective, and entertaining course of self-paced bass guitar instruction anywhere.
If you've already been playing some beginner bass guitar, Volume 2 of TMBG is a treasury of new tricks that will sharpen your skill, deepen your understanding of music and expand your repertoire in ways you never imagined:
- This section is all about the rhythm and the groove.
- Roy will introduce you to new techniques and feels up and down the neck of the bass guitar.
- You'll discover syncopations, three-key patterns, using the foot-tap system to read and count rhythms, some funk and R & B concepts, and the swing feel.
- You'll also improve your knowledge of musical concepts with 7th chords (major, minor, augmented, and diminished), and the principles of playing with a drummer in Rock and Funk
Each lesson in this course can take up to a month to master - that means to own the principles and techniques taught in the lesson and be able to interpret them flawlessly on the bass guitar. Lessons start with a brief summary of what you're about to cover, and a warm-up. Then there's a lesson and a practice sessions, then band practice - Roy structured the lessons to give you plenty of time to play with an awesome band of Nashville's finest musicians. These are real jam sessions designed to work your chops. The lessons end with some down stretches and a recap.
If you're serious about learning bass guitar, get started now with a free lesson below.