Introduction to the trumpet: my first trumpet lesson
with Kay Charlton
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- My first trumpet lesson
- Welcome to the course
- Parts of the trumpet explained
- How to hold your trumpet
- It all starts with a buzz
- Buzzin through the trumpet mouthpiece
- Troubleshooting - The straw technique
- Make your first sound on the trumpet
- Fundamental trumpet techniques
- Practice playing your first notes
- Now let's practice some melodies
- Improvise your very own tune
- Caring for your trumpet
- Next steps
Lesson plan (0h 23m)
Kay Charlton is a trumpet educator based in the UK, working with world-class institutions such as Trinity College London, LSO and Warwick Music. Her books have have taught thousands of students and teachers how to get started and get better on the trumpet.
This course is for total beginners, whether you're a kid or an adult! If you're curious about the instrument and want to know how to play your very first note, then this is the course for you!
Kay will tell you all about the instrument and how teach you to make a sound:
- You'll learn how to hold a trumpet,
- How to make your first note, first by making a buzz with your lips,
- How to play with correct trumpet technique, avoiding bad habits
- How to play your first melodies and even improvise your first tunes
- How to care for your trumpet
It's all about picking up the good habits first, and fast!
If you want to make a great sound on your trumpet or are struggling and need advice to progress, this is for you - get started today!