Write Songs Like a Pro and Get Published
with John Saunderson
- Course Trailer
- Sample Lesson Free
- About John Saunderson
- What is a music publisher?
- How to get published
- How writers & publishers work together
- Writers & publishers, part 2
- How has the publishing business changed
- How to present yourself as an artist
- CHALLENGE #1: CREATE YOUR OWN ONE SHEET
- Songwriting camps
- Examples of artist success stories & how they got there
- Future plans for Notting Hill Music & final advice
- CHALLENGE #2: COMPOSE FOR A PROFESSIONAL BRIEF
- Pro interviews
- Interview with Ritchie Malone about performance rights & not loosing out on potential income
- Interview with Emma Stakes & Georgie Harrisson about developing yourself as an artist
- Interview with Will Robinson about how to become a successful writer
- Interview with Emma Stakes & Darby about growing your artist career
- Interview with the founder & MD of Notting Hill Music, Dave Loader
Lesson plan (2h 30m)
Notting Hill Music's Exclusive Online Songwriting Development Programme is now live.
Learn about the professional songwriting industry, and improve your craft in this online course with 1-2-1 personal support from signed NHM artists and Tileyard pros.
Notting Hill Music is a leading music publishing company that has scored over 400 top 10 hits internationally and represents over 25,000 copyrights from artists as diverse as Olly Murs, Aretha Franklin and Christina Aguilera.
John Saunderson, head of A&R for Notting Hill, is your guide on a unique online development programme that prepares budding songwriters for a job as a professional songwriter. You'll have the unique opportunity to:
- Learn about the industry and how it works from John and his artists
- Respond to a genuine song-writing brief
- Learn how to present yourself to publishers and how to write a one-sheet
- Get 1-2-1 support on these tasks from signed NHM artists and Tileyard pros who have worked with everyone from Ellie Goulding to Mumford and Sons.
The best original song submissions will be presented to John Saunderson himself for video feedback.
Any enquiries about the course format or content please contact [email protected]